As has been the case for the last few releases of OS X, the easiest method to make a USB install drive is with the free program, Diskmaker X. It’s been updated today to support El Capitan. Make sure to boot from the USB device again, and select Boot OS X Install from Install OS X El Capitan once again, in verbose mode. The installation is a two-part process that continues once you re-boot into the USB drive. Finally, after about 25 more minutes, OS X El Capitan should be successfully installed on the target drive. Carbon Copy cloner is your best option. Just create a bootable backup with it; and boot to the USB stick by holding ALT key when starting up. Download: OS X El Capitan This downloads as a disk image named InstallMacOSX.dmg. On a Mac that is compatible with El Capitan, open the disk image and run the installer within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg. It installs an app named Install OS X El Capitan into your Applications folder. Download create-bootable-installer-for-os-x-el-capitan.sh to the USB drive Boot into Recovery Mode Insert the USB drive. Download macOS XEl Capitan.
- Os X El Capitan 10.11 Bootable Usb
- Os X El Capitan Bootable Usb From Windows
- Create Bootable Usb Drive Os X El Capitan
- Create Bootable Usb For Mac Os X El Capitan
Mac operating system’s twelfth major version is the El Capitan Installer (version 10.11). All the Mac computers which don’t have the privilege to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or the computers that need to upgrade to El Capitan first, can download this twelfth version on the computer. This is the very last version of the Mac operating system which comes under the name OS X. And it is named as ‘El Capitan’ after the formation of a rock in the Yosemite National Park. El Capitan Installer is the post version to the Yosemite, and it was built by adding up more improvements to the Yosemite. In this version of the Mac operating system, the Apple Inc. has focused on the performance, stability, and security of the computer. Anyone who is interested can download it on the Mac PC.
How to download El Capitan Installer?
If you want to upgrade to OS X El Capitan, first you have to collect gather your Mac PC and then download the El Capitan Installer. That’s what we are going to do now.
And create OS X 10.11 El Capitan bootable USB Installer on PC or create bootable USB for Mac on Windows, before skipping this step. If you prefer doing install OS X El Captain on PC, then you must do step 1 carefully because it’s the primary step that you begin to process. El Capitan Installer. Mac operating system’s twelfth major version is the El Capitan Installer (version 10.11). All the Mac computers which don’t have the privilege to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or the computers that need to upgrade to El Capitan first, can download this twelfth version on the computer. I now need to create a bootable USB drive from the DMG file but I need to be Stack Exchange Network Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
- Go to the App Store and open the El Capitan page there.
- Then you must click on the ‘Download; button on the El Capitan Page.
- If your Mac PC is compatible to perform this upgrade, a file named ‘Install OS X El Capitan’ will download to your Applications folder.
- The installer will open automatically after finishing the download process. All you have to do next is click on the ‘Continue’ button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Upgrade Mac OS Version with El Capitan Installer while Protecting your Data
Before executing the Upgrade, you must prepare the Mac PC for the El Capitan Update. For that, gather these requirements first.
- The Mac PC must have at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of storage space.
- The PC must have at least 45% of battery life.
- Connect the Mac PC to Wi-Fi or any other internet connection.
- The Mac Apps must be up to date with the latest versions.
- Take backups of all your personal data and present OS of the Mac PC.
Important! It is very important to backup your important data on the Mac PC to an external storage device because it will help you to avoid the data loss issues. If any case, you forgot to backup the data, your data may be lost while executing the El Capitan Installer update. So make sure you make a backup of the device data.
How to use El Capitan Installer for a Clean Install?
01. El Capitan Clean Install on Empty Volume with El Capitan Installer
This is the easiest method for the clean install. Here, you can install the OS X El Capitan Installer onto an empty volume, or you can use a storage space that has the content which no longer needed and don’t mind removing. What it matters here is that you don’t use the current startup volume as the destination here. What makes this method easier is the fact that it is possible to perform this clean install while booted from the current startup drive. You don’t need a special, custom-made startup environment for the empty volume clean install. All you have to do is, start up the installer and go.
02. El Capitan Clean Install on Startup Volume with El Capitan Installer
This is the most common method of the two. Usually, the clean install process deletes the contents of the destination drive. Therefore, if you choose the startup drive method to perform the clean install of El Capitan Installer, you have to follow some extra steps as well.
- First, you have to create a bootable USB flash drive that has the Installer of OS X El Capitan.
- Then erase the startup drive.
- After then, start the clean install process.
How to Create El Capitan Installer with USB?
- The USB flash drive must be at least 8GB
- El Capitan Installer must be on the Mac PC’s Applications folder.
Os X El Capitan 10.11 Bootable Usb
- Plug the USB drive into the Mac PC with the Installer of the El Capitan on it.
- Rename the USB driver using an easy to remember and use name. (For the ease of the steps ahead, I will rename it as ‘ElCaptIns’)
- Be sure that the Installer of the El Capitan named ‘Install OS X El Capitan.app’ is in its default location (Applications folder).
- Select and copy the text of the below-mentioned terminal command.
- Now you can launch the terminal in the Applications/Utilities/
- In this step, it deletes the data in the destination drive. So make sure it doesn’t contain any valuable data and paste the copied command into the terminal, then press ‘Return’.
- When the windows prompted, enter the admin level account password of yours and press to Return.
- Then a message telling “To continue we need to erase the disk at /Volumes/ElCaptIns. If you wish to continue, type (Y) then press return:” will emerge. You can type ‘Y’ and press to return to continue. You are already set if you don’t see this message.
sudo/Applications/InstallOSXElCapitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/ElCaptIns --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app
USB installer and El Capitan Installer in Apple Store
El Capitan Installer is only available in the Mac App Store. So you can only download it from the App Store. By the way, having a USB installer to perform the El Capitan is a good idea. Because having a copy of the OS version in a separate device ensures that you always have a backup plan to install it or re-install it on the PC. When you have the USB installer with the El Capitan Installer in it, you no longer need the internet connection or the access to the Mac App Store to perform the upgrade.
What is createinstallmedia?
Create Bootable El Capitan Installation Usb In Windows
“createinstallmedia” is a unix program hidden inside the OS X Installer which is provided by the Apple Inc. to create a bootable installer drive. createinstallmedia is the ideal and the easier to use tool if you are comfortable to use the terminal. This is only available for the OS versions of Lion (OS X 10.7) and above.
El Capitan Dmg Bootable Usb Windows
System and Hardware Requirements for El Capitan Installer
- iMac models from mid 2007 or later
- MacBook models from late 2008 or later
- MacBook Pro models from mid 2007 or later
- MacBook Air models from late 2008 or later
- Mac mini models from early 2009 or later
- Mac Pro models from early 2008 or later
- Xserve models from early 2009
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- 2GB of memory
- 8.8GB of available storage
- Some features require an Apple ID (terms apply)
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider (fees may apply)
01. What is the best method to install El Capitan?
You can either use the default method to upgrade install or clean install methods to get El Capitan Installer but, without any doubt, Clean Install is the best method to upgrade your Mac OS. I hope all the above facts prove that.
02. How to save previous data when upgrading the OS X?
Simply, take a backup by using the Time Machine.
- Open the Time Machine app.
- Click on the ‘Select Backup Disk’.
- Select the external drive or internal location where you want to save the files.
- Click on the ‘On’ to turn on the Time Machine.
- Click on the Arrow Clock icon in the Finder Bar at the top of your screen and select ‘Backup Now’.
03. Is it secure to install El Capitan without Apple Store?
No, it is not safe to get El Capitan Installer outsider of the Apple Store. It is only safe to get this OS upgrade from the Mac App Store. Besides, there is no such external place to get this OS upgrade. I have provided the steps to install El Capitan in the above of this site. Just follow those steps and upgrade your Mac PC to the El Capitan.
Bootable USB Installers for OS X Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra
Os X El Capitan Bootable Usb From Windows
First, review this introductory article: Create a bootable installer for macOS. Second, see this How To outline for creating a bootable El Capitan installer. Simply replace the Terminal command with the one from the preceding article by copying it into the Terminal window. You will need an 8GB or larger USB flash drive that has been partitioned and formatted for use with OS X.
Drive Partition and Format
- Open Disk Utility in the Utilities' folder.
- After Disk Utility loads select the drive (out-dented entry with the mfg.'s ID and size) from the side list.
- Click on the Erase tab in the Disk Utility toolbar. Name the drive, 'MyVolume'. <---- IMPORTANT!
- In the drop down panel set the partition scheme to GUID. Set the Format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
- Click on the Apply button and wait for the Done button to activate. When it does click on it.
- Quit Disk Utility.
Open the Terminal in the Utilities' folder. Choose the appropriate command line (in red) depending upon what OS X installer you want. Paste that entire command line from below at the Terminal's prompt:
Command for macOS High Sierra:
sudo /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app
Command for macOS Sierra:
sudo /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app
Command for El Capitan:
sudo /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app
Command for Yosemite:
sudo /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app
Command for Mavericks:
sudo /Applications/Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Mavericks.app
Create Bootable Usb Drive Os X El Capitan
Press RETURN. You will be asked for your admin password. It will not echo to the Terminal window. Then press RETURN again. Wait for the return of the Terminal prompt signifying the process has completed. It takes quite some time to finish. Be patient.
Create Bootable Usb For Mac Os X El Capitan
Sep 13, 2018 1:16 PM