Run Google Duo in distraction-free window, manage multiple Google Duo accounts easily and much much more with the unofficial Google Duo desktop app for macOS, Windows and Linux on WebCatalog.
Don't have WebCatalog installed? Download WebCatalog.
Google Duo is a free, simple video calling app that brings you face-to-face with the people who matter most. Group call with 32 participants today. Explore the world of Mac. Check out MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, and more. Visit the Apple site to learn, buy, and get support. Google Duo is the highest quality video calling app. It’s simple, reliable, and works on smartphones and iPad, and on the web. Features: Works Cross-Platform. Duo works on iPhone, iPad, web, and other mobile platforms so you can call and hangout with friends and family using just one app. You can also share and join group calls with just a link.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by or in any way officially connected to Google Duo except for the fact that we use their websites to develop and provide you this app. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners.
Google Duo is the latest app from the Google Play Store and iTunes store that allows you to video chat with anyone else that has the Google Duo app installed. You can quickly use the Google Duo app on your iPhone, Android, or Mac OS X machine to video chat with Android users. Google Duo interface is very similar to that of Apple FaceTime app. Let’s get started installing Google Duo on Mac OS X.
Note: Google Duo is currently available in the iTunes store for iOS mobile devices, however it cannot be installed and used in iTunes or from the App Store in Mac OS X currently.
1. Download Bluestacks for Mac OS X by visiting their website here. Bluestacks allows you to install android apps on your Mac OS X system.
2. Open the DMG file. You will see an image named BlueStacks Installer. Drag the BlueStacks.app to your Applications folder on Mac.
3. Open Bluestacks.app from your Applications folder. You may receive a prompt:
“BlueStacks.app” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?
4. You will see a Welcome screen. Click Continue to accept the terms.
5. Ensure App Store Access and Application Communications are checked. Click Install.
6. You will be prompted for your Mac OS X password to install new helper tool. Enter your password and select Install Helper.
7. You will see a message Installing BlueStacks then Starting BlueStacks.
Note:You may receive a message about a System Extension Blocked. Select Open Security Preferences and choose Allow for the BlueStack Systems Inc. You will need to restart BlueStacks install again inside the Applications folder.
8. Once BlueStacks is started, you can go through the first time setups for Accuracy Locations and Access Location.
Note: Wait some time. You will see the Failed to loan channels message until the Appstore completes setup and installations. You will receive a notification when this is completed, similar to below.
9. A One Time Setup tab will appear. Follow the instructions for Enable AppStore and Enable App Sync. You will need a Google Account (Gmail) in order to download app from the Google Play store.
If you get the infinite Logging in message, just exit out of the sync using the back button and try again.
Google Duo Mac App
10. Search for Google Duo in Play Store. You will receive a prompt to allow Google Duo access information in Bluestacks. Click Accept.
11. After Google Duo is installed, go to the Home screen. Then go to All Apps -> BlueStacks Settings -> Change App Size.
Choose Tablet for Duo.
Is Google Duo Available For Mac
12. Launch the Google Duo app. You will be required to verify an actual working phone number with Google Duo, so you will need access to a number, even though you won’t be using the phone number on your Mac.
Google Duo Mac App Store
Now you can place and receive calls with fellow Google Duo users! Remember, you will need a microphone and camera to fully utilize Google Duo. By default, BlueStacks will recognize your Mac mic and camera while using the Duo app.
Google Duo Mac Os
Note: Sometimes, the camera picture can be unaligned or distorted. A simple fix is to hit the back button in bottom left corner (which will momentarily pause a live Duo call and take you to BlueStacks home screen) and then go back into the app.