Thanks for posting this problem. I think I'll skip the Sheets Chrome Extension on my Mac and just use it on the web. Disappointed that Google didn't respond to you. Sheets has worked fine on the Web for me for years, on Linux, Windows, Mac, and even on Chrome on Android. Access Google Sheets with a free Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use). The 35 best Google Sheets keyboard shortcuts for speeding up your workflow on a Mac or PC How to convert your Google Sheets files into Excel files, and edit them in Microsoft Excel. Here are the 35 best keyboard shortcuts for Google Sheets, for both Windows and Mac. Note: a dash '-' in the following shortcuts indicates that the keys should be pressed at the same time.
- Google Sheet Macro To Send Email
- Google Sheet Macro Filter
- Google Sheet Macro
- Google Docs
- Google Sheet Mac App
- Google Sheet Macro Clear Cell
I am passionate about using spreadsheets for so many things, but one in particular is giving students feedback. I will create an extra column in the spreadsheet resulting from a Google Form and reply back. Oftentimes there is more than one point that I want to address with the student. Having one massive paragraph of feedback is not ideal sometimes.
While typing in a spreadsheet cell, hold down the command key while you press the enter key. This will force the cursor to the next line. Holding down command enter a second time will create the extra line after each paragraph within the cell.
Note: For PC users, hold down the control key as you press enter.
Related Alice Keeler Blog Posts:
- To convert an Excel file to a Google Sheets spreadsheet, you need to upload the Excel file to Google Drive.
- Once you've uploaded the Excel file to Google Drive, you can save it as a Sheets file.
- You can adjust your settings in Drive so that Excel files are automatically converted to Sheets files.
- Visit Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Microsoft Excel is the leading program for creating spreadsheets, and has been for years. But as time goes on, Google's free Excel counterpart, Google Sheets, is becoming more and more popular.
If you're looking to move a spreadsheet you started in Excel to Google Sheets, don't worry - it's an easy process. Here's what you need to know.
How to convert an Excel spreadsheet to Google Sheets
Google Sheet Macro To Send Email
In order to convert an Excel spreadsheet to a Google Sheets document, you'll first need to upload the Excel file to Google Drive.
1. With Google Drive open and logged into your account, click 'New,' then click 'File upload' in the drop-down menu that appears.© Chrissy Montelli/Insider After clicking the 'New' button, select 'File upload' in the dropdown. Chrissy Montelli/Insider
2. Locate the Excel file you wish to convert on your computer and click on it. When you've done so, click 'Open.' Wait for the file to upload.
Video: What is Bitcoin? (USA TODAY)
Google Sheet Macro Filter
Google Sheet Macro
3. Once it's done, right-click on the file you've just uploaded, then hover your cursor over 'Open with.' In the sub-menu that appears, click 'Google Sheets.'© Chrissy Montelli/Insider You'll need to manually open your Excel file in Google Sheets before you can fully convert it. Chrissy Montelli/Insider
4. Once your Excel spreadsheet has been opened in Google Sheets, click 'File,' then 'Save as Google Sheets.'© Chrissy Montelli/Insider Save your file as a Google Sheet to complete the conversion process. Chrissy Montelli/Insider
5. If done correctly, the Google Sheets version of your file will appear separately from the Excel document you uploaded.© Chrissy Montelli/Insider When saving your file in a new format, it'll appear separately from the original file. Chrissy Montelli/Insider
You can also adjust your settings in Drive so that any time you upload an Excel file, it'll be automatically converted to a Sheets file.
How to set Google Drive to automatically convert Excel spreadsheets
Google Sheet Mac App
- Open Google Drive and log into your account, then click the gear icon in the top-right corner and select 'Settings.'
- In the window that opens, check the box next to 'Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format.'
- Click 'Done' in the top-right corner.