These are my Hackintosh installation instructions. Heavily based on these ones:
- Motherboard: Asus Z170-a ATX LGA1151
- Series: Intel 200 Series
- Chipset: Intel Z170
- Socket: Intel LG 1151
- Audio: Realtek ALC892 5.1 Audio
- LAN: Intel® I219V
- CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5Ghz Quad-Core (SkyLake), Intel® HD Graphics 530
- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb
- Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4-3000
- Storage: Crucial MX300 525Gb 2.5' SSD
- Hackintosh High Sierra. 106,150 Hackintosh Sierra. 32,130 EFI Ideapad S145 8th - Big Sur.
- Welcome to Olarila - The Real Vanilla Hackintosh. Welcome to Olarila! In our Community you will find lots of Tweaks, Tips, ISO for all different types of Hackintoshes Desktop and Laptops. We also offer Help & Support on various issues whether it be MacOS, Hackintosh, Mac, or PC related. Login or Register to remove this message.
- ↳ High Sierra (10.13) ↳ Sierra (10.12) ↳ El Capitan (10.11) ↳ Yosemite (10.10) ↳ Mavericks (10.9) ↳ Mountain Lion (10.8) ↳ Lion (10.7) ↳ Snow Leopard (10.6) ↳ Hardware ↳ Desktop ↳ Laptop ↳ DSDT ↳ Olarila Buyer's Guide ↳ Olarila Hack Build ↳ Motherboards ↳ CPUs ↳ CPU Coolers.
I. Setup USB Thumb drive
Download macOS High Sierra Using Dosdude Patcher. As stated earlier, Apple does not offer the full version of High Sierra and it provides only 19MB update file and it is beneficial for you when you have High Sierra. So, to get the same, you will have to go with Mac OS High Sierra Patcher.
- Creating the boot drive
- Follow https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/building-the-usb-installer
II. BIOS settings (make sure BIOS is up to date)
- Ai Overclock
- AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
- Advanced Items
- CPU Configuration > Intel Virtualization Technology >
Enabled(needed for Docker)
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d >
- PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 >
- USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support >
- USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off >
- APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI >
- CPU Configuration > Intel Virtualization Technology >
- Boot Menu
- Fast Boot >
- Boot Logo Display >
- CSM >
Disabled(needed to enable full resolution at boot and clover)
- Secure Boot OS Type >
- Fast Boot >
- Exit > Save Changes
III. Install OSX
- At Clover boot screen, go into Options > USB
- enable USB Ownerhip
- enable USB Injection
- At Clover boot screen, choose Boot Mac OS X from USB
- Disk Utilty
- Select Target Disk
- Erase > Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Don't bother to enable Network, Location, or Reporting nothing to be done now.
- On reboot select MacOS on Target Drive on the Clover boot screen
IV. Setting up the Machine Part 1
- Drag and drop Multibeast to Application folder
- Run Multibeast and select the following settings:
- Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC892 > ALC892
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100/200/300 Series Audio Support
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio
- Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
- Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor
- Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
- Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
- Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
- Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1
- Save your config
- Run and Close
- Fixing Ethernet Device Name (needed for apple store etc.)
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
- Clover Configurator
- Mount EFI partition
- Load config file
- Change settings in config:
- Boot > darkwake=0 prevent sleep problems
- Rt Variables > CsrActiveConfig >
0x67disable SIP temporarily
- Devices > Audio > ResetHDA >
- System Parameters > Inject Kexts >
- System Parameters > Inject System ID >
- System Parameters > Nvidia Web >
EFIPartition (Already mounted earlier in Clover)
- Navigate to `EFI(patition)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched in the Finder
- Copy in the
SSDTfile you downlaoded for your processor
- Rename to
V. Setting up the Machine Part 1
- Set startup partition to newly created OSX EFI partition
- Audio setup (because it doesn't work yet)
- Run the
- enter password
- Say yes (y) to all questions (for Asus Z170-A)
- Run the
- In Terminal
- Check that it returns
en1, the line should look like:
- Clover Configurator
- Load the Clover config file follow steps 1 and 2 from earlier
EmuVariableUefiin Install Drivers. This creates an emulated NVRAM
- Reset Rt Variables > CsrActiveConfig >
0x3to renable SIP
- Run the NVIDIA driver (see above to install correct version)
- Patch to make NVIDIA work under iMac 17,1: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/46v9ui/which_smbios_or_system_profile_works_best_for/d08wsbt/
We talk about a lot of new version of macOS, like Big Sur or Catalina, which is now packed with many amazing features. However, they need to more advanced hardware to run the OS smoothly. If you are using an old model of Mac computer, High Sierra is still the best choice if it was not eligible for upgrading to Catalina or Big Sur.
Currently, Apple only offers High Serria Installer app from Mac App Store. This means you can only create a bootable macOS USB on Mac. It could be a problem if you are trying to build a hackintosh on Windows PC. You need macOS High Serria this way. Don't worry, we will give you the result in this article.
Hardware Requirement of macOS High Serria
Before downloading macOS High Serria DMG file, it is crucial to know what kind of hardware specification it requires. It is useless and waste of time if the model was not matched. Please check out the list of Mac models that can run macOS High Serria without any problem.
- MacBook Pro in mid 2010 or later.
- MacBook in late 2009 or later.
- MacBook Air in late 2010 or later.
- Mac mini in mid 2010 or later.
- iMac in late 2009 or later
However, if you want to run macOS High Serria from PC, the CPU should Intel Core i5 and above; RAM should be more than 4GB and free disk space should be 50GB.
Direct Download Link of macOS High Serria DMG File
Below is a set of verified download links for High Serria (macOS 10.13). Click the link one by one and find the best site where gives you the fatest download speed. In addition, some of the download sites requires account login. So you may need to register a new account before download starts.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 DMG Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5dvx88
macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 DMG Download: https://sundryfiles.com/8zr
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 DMG Download (Torrent): https://mactorrents.io/macos-high-sierra-10-13-6-build-17g65/
macOS High Sierra 10.13 DMG Download (for Hackintosh): https://mega.nz/file/lnRQGaCA
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 ISO Download: https://sundryfiles.com/9tz
After the installation .dmg file is downloaded, you need to burn the dmg file to USB in order to make it bootable. For Windows users, please check out this detailed guide for making bootable macOS USB from DMG. For Mac user, please visit this page instead.
More reading: DMG Download link for macOS Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave.
Download macOS High Serria Installer App from Mac App Store
You can get High Sierra dmg from the Apple Store, but you will have to recreate the dmg files as all the files will be in the scattered form and if you are lucky enough then you can get the complete version of High Sierra from the Apple store or else you will get only 19 MB files, means they are scattered and to recreate the same, you will have to perform few tasks. So, let's begin the journey.
p.s High Serria Install app won't appear in result page when you are trying to search 'High Serria' in Mac App Store.
Step 1: Open a web browser on your Mac and click this link.
Step 2: A message pops up and asks you to open the link in Mac App Store. Please grant the permission.
Step 3: Now, you will get to the details page of High Serria app and click the Get button to start downloading the installer app (5.2GB).
Step 4: Once the progress id completed, an app called Install macOS High Serria appears in Application folder.
Step 5: Now, follow steps in Part 6 of this guide to make a bootable macOS High Serria USB by using Terminal app.
Download macOS High Sierra Using Dosdude Patcher
Hackintosh High Sierra Olarila 2020
As stated earlier, Apple does not offer the full version of High Sierra and it provides only 19MB update file and it is beneficial for you when you have High Sierra. So, to get the same, you will have to go with Mac OS High Sierra Patcher. This tool will fulfil your desire and you can easily access the OS on your Mac machine via this application. Now, follow the steps listed below to create a bootable High Sierra USB drive.
Hackintosh High Sierra Olarila Download
Step 1: Visit the site listed below to download macOS High Sierra Patcher: http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/
Step 2: After installing the patcher on your machine, launch it. On the home page, you will get few tabs at the top interface, click on 'Tools', and then select 'Download macOS High Sierra' from the list.
Hackintosh High Sierra Olarila Rose
Step 3: Thereafter, a pop-up window will open and it will ask for the confirmation of the action as the file size is 5GB and to download the same, you must have a strong internet connection. Just click on the 'Yes' button.
Step 4: Now, select the location where you want to download the High Sierra app. Soon, the download will start and once it is completed, you will get the confirmation message.
Step 5: After the completion of the download process, a pop-up window will open asking you to create a patch of the file, click on the 'Not now' button. That's it; you are all done and now, you can locate your downloaded file and can install macOS High Serria on your mac.
The macOS High Sierra Patcher, is designed for all the mac users. The file accessed by this tool is directly from Apple server, so you will get a valid macOS installer for sure. Moreover, the tool is completely free and no ads or adware within the app..
Hackintosh High Sierra Olarila De
We have list a couple of ways to help you download macOS High Sierra DMG file as well as how to create a bootable USB from it. All of them are still working till the time we are writing this post. And we recommend downloading dmg file as it works on Windows PC and Mac. The rest of methods can be only done on a Mac computer.