- Install Mac Os Mojave Patcher
- Mojave Patcher Install
- Mojave Patcher Install Error
- Install Mojave Partition
Running a latest macOS 10.14 Mojave on Windows PC becomes easy on VMware. The best thing is it is free of cost to switch to macOS 10.14 Mojave on your Windows PC.
Tap Install VMware Tool, wait for a moment till its installation completed. Now go to Open Security Preferences for enabling VMware system extensions. Allow the next page to make the installation. Once the installation is successfully done, click on the Restart button. Play macOS 10.14 Mojave on Windows PC anytime. Niresh Mojave does not have any third-party applications or software. Only support UEFI compatible computers. (macOS Mojave dropped support for old hardware, it is still possible to install Mojave on PC with third-party tools but it is not worth the effort). Clover UEFI is used as default macOS bootloader. Install Mojave and run the post install patch from the installer screen on your second boot. If there is another dosdude patch update and you run it from the bootable OS install and you loose any functions then reboot back into the original installer. Run the Post Install again. Choose your computer model (mine was 2,1) Check each box of all.
Step 6: Hit the “Start Operation” button on the patcher tool and let it make the USB bootable with Mojave. Step 7: It will show “Complete” when the process is done. Part 4: Installing and Patching macOS Mojave. In this fourth and final part, we will install and patch the macOS Mojave on our old Mac computer. Once the Mojave installer has finished downloading, select the Mojave icon in the macOS Mojave Patcher window. Select your Mojave installer and click open Now, select your volume by clicking the dropdown menu under the picture of a hard drive.
The process is a bit long but we will try it making it easier for you with each and every detail.
About macOS 10.14 Mojave
macOS 10.14 Mojave is the latest version launched by Apple on 4th June 2018 at World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC 18).
Many additional features are added, fixes are done, more improvement is security tools, and the best part is Dark Mode. Everyone is excited who have used Dark mode for the more user-friendly interface.
Now it’s your turn to take advantage of your Windows PC.
How macOS 10.14 Mojave runs on Windows PC
Thanks to VMware for providing free utility software VMware player that makes it possible.
VMware creates a new virtual machine that installs in your PC and once it gets starts, it works as the operating system you have chosen. Here the OS is macOS 10.14 Mojave in our case.
Along with this, some minimum requirements are there that you must have on your PC to run all the system perfectly. See below.
Windows PC Requirements
To run macOS 10.14 Mojave on your PC you require minimum 6GB RAM and SSD. You also require your computer working on 64-bit.
Actually, when we tried this on a lesser compatible PC, we find that the function does not run smoother. So make sure you must qualify for the above requirements.
Some of the software is required on your PC before starting this process. All of these are of free of cost and the download links are provided below. Install them on your PC.
- All Tool: https://goo.gl/aSaMxC
- Winrar: winrarl/PQHT
- VMware Player: wmware14
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave: Download Link
We recommend you to download all these software otherwise you may have confusion in later steps.
Extract the RAR File
Once you have installed all the above files, right click on the RAR file (macOS 10.14 Mojave) and click Extract Here option. This contains your virtual image file. To extract this, your need Winrar or 7Zip software (links are provided above).
Download & Install the VMware Player
Install the VMware player on your Windows PC. You will get the link of VMware on the above-given link. Download it and install it. I hope you won’t have any problem regarding this. Let us move further.
Run Patch tool
From the file list, go to Patch tool, right click on the win-install.cmd file. Choose Run as administrator.
Launch VMware Player
- Open Installed VMware player and click on Create new virtual machine.
- The new Virtual machine wizard will get open. Here you have to choose the Operating System you wish to run on your Windows PC.
- In the next page, choose the Guest operating system. Click on Apple Mac OS X, choose the latest version (MacOS 10.14) from the below list and click Next.
- On the next page, name your new Virtual machine and select the preferred location to keep it. Remember this location address for future activities and click on Next button.
- Next page is your Specify Disc capacity to the virtual machine. By default, it is set to be 40 GB. Keep it as it is and you need not require to change it. Select store the virtual file as a single disc and click Next button.
- On the next page, confirm everything and click Finish.
Virtual Machine Settings
Our next step is to do some editing on Virtual Machine. Open VMware and select MacOS 10.14 Mojave. Click Edit virtual machine settings. Here different device categories are displays such as Memory, Processor, Hard disk, USB controller, Sound card and their Summary next to them. Here we will discuss all these devices to set them the different data.
- Memory: Select the memory tab, here you are required to set a RAM capacity to be utilized by this virtual machine. The effective option is to choose between 55 to 60%. Suppose if you are having 8 GB RAM then choosing 4.5-6 GB RAM is a better option. Use a calculator to estimate 55% of your total RAM.
- Processors: Set 4 processors in the list and leave all other as it is.
- Hard Disk: After going to Hard Disk option, choose to Remove option to remove already existing Virtual Hard disk on previous first-time installation. Now create a new Virtual Disk, for this click Add button. On Hardware Type wizard choose Hard Disk and click Next button. Now select Use an existing Virtual Disk on next wizard page, click Next option. Now it will ask you for the Existing Disk File location. Browse it and find out where you have installed it. (Where we have discussed to remember you the location for future reference in above step) and click Finish.
VMX File editing
- VMX file is used to change the settings of VMware Virtual Machine. Open the macOS 10.14 folder where you have installed in the earlier step. Right-click on VMX file, choose Open with> Notepad.
- One the text is open in Notepad add smc.version = “0” at below of text.
Launch macOS Mojave
- Again launch VMware player and click on play virtual machine. Here we have to set up a new account.
- Select the Country and Appearance. After choosing this your account will successfully be created.
VMware Tool Installation
- Our final step is to install the VMware tool. For this navigate to Player> Removable Devices> CD/DVD> Setting. Now open the VM Tool.iso file. Enable connected option click OK button.
- Tap Install VMware Tool, wait for a moment till its installation completed. Now go to Open Security Preferences for enabling VMware system extensions.
- Allow the next page to make the installation.
- Once the installation is successfully done, click on the Restart button.
You are done! Play macOS 10.14 Mojave on Windows PC anytime.
The main purpose for this tutorial to help you to run MacOS 10.14 Mojave right on your Windows PC. You can take the advantage of using the free software offered by VMware.
I hope this tutorial about How to Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VMware on Windows works fine and you won’t get any trouble in this tutorial.
If you are facing any problem then please comment below, we are happy to help you. For more tech tutorial, online deals follow us on Facebook, Twitter.
Besides windows, macOS is the 2nd most used operating system in the world. The combination of unique features, design and ultimate stability makes it very great. Even on a Hackintosh, it provides great stability if configured correctly. In this article, you will know how easy it is to install macOS Mojave on VMware. If you want to run heavy workload such as video editing tools then you running macOS on a virtual machine might not be perfect for you as it will run slow, instead try our dual booting macOS mojave with windows guide.
Let’s start the process!
Hackintosh Mojave Installer Features: Hackintosh Mojave Installer does not have any third-party applications or software. Only support UEFI compatible computers. (macOS Mojave dropped support for old hardware, it is still possible to install Mojave on PC with third-party tools but it is not worth the effort). MacOS Mojave Patch Tool. (hold down the power button if it is stuck) and restart holding down the alt/option key until you can select the installer again. Download macOS Mojave DMG Installer from Mac App Store If all you need is the stub installer for an upgrade from an existing macOS installation, it's even easier because it's just a question of simple and direct download from Apple's servers.
Downloading the required files.
1. At first, we need to download and install the latest version of VMware workstation player or workstation. VMware is best for installing and running virtual machines whether it be Linux, Windows or macOS, though it doesn’t support macOS out of the box but with some tweaks, it runs flawlessly. In this tutorial, I am going to use VMware workstation player because it is free for personal use, but VMware workstation will work perfectly too.
2. Now download the patch tool for patching VMware.
3. At last download the macOS Mojave virtual machine image.
As i said above VMware doesn’t support running macOS out of the box. The Unlocker aka patch tool patches VMware with required files and makes it support running macOS.
1. Before patching, make sure that you have installed VMware after downloading.
2. Extract the “patch tool.rar” file using Winrar.
3. Open the extracted folder and right click on win-install and click “run as administrator”.
Note: Before running the patch tool make sure that you have active internet connection as the patch tool will download VMware tools, which is required to be installed on the macOS for proper graphics and CPU acceleration.
4. Wait till the patching process is finished.
See also: Beginner’s guide to patch DSDT in Hackintosh
Creating the macOS virtual machine.
As the patching process is finished we can now proceed to create the virtual machine for macOS Mojave.
1. Open the VMware Workstation player and click on “Create a new virtual machine”
2. Next, select “I want to install the operating system later” and click next. As we have downloaded the virtual disk image which contains macOS Mojave already installed, we will tie it later.
3. Now under Operation system selection, select “Apple Mac OS X” and then from the version drop-down menu select “macOS 10.14” which is macOS Mojave, and then click Next.
4. Here, name the virtual machine as you like and select the location where you want the virtual machine to be installed and click next.
As the size of the vmdk (virtual machine disk) file is going to be increased as you install apps or download stuff inside your macOS virtual machine. So it is better to install it where you have plenty of space available or at 50gb, So later you won’t need to move it.
5.Leave the maximum disk size to default which is 40 Gb, and select “Store virtual disk as a single file” and then click next.
The maximum disk size doesn’t matter much because we will change it to our pre-installed macOS Mojave VMware disk.
Configuring the macOS Mojave VM.
Till now we have successfully created our macOS Mojave virtual machine but that’s only 20% of the work. We now need to configure it correctly by setting how much hardware it is allowed to use, so your both the host OS (windows in my case) and macOS Mojave runs without hiccups.
1. Select the VM and then click on the edit button, we will now change the configuration of the virtual machine to allocate it more processor cores and ram to make the virtual machine perform well.
See also: How to create bootable macOS high sierra USB on windows.
Here click on the memory tab and slide up the slider to 60% of your ram. Next, click on the processor’s tab and change the number of cores to 4 or higher if your processor has a higher core count. Virtual machines are emulated with virtual processors means that the higher the core count the higher the performance will be.
2. Now select the “hard disk” tab and click the remove button, it is required to be removed as we will add the pre-installed disk.
3. After removing the existing hard disk, click on the add button and select the hard disk option from the menu and click next.
4. In the Add hard disk wizard window, select the Disk type option as SATA and click next.
Install Mac Os Mojave Patcher
5. Under disk selection tab select the “Use an existing disk” and click next, now copy paste the path of the downloaded vmdk file or click browse and select the downloaded macOS Mojave vmdk file.
Editing and running the Virtual machine.
In the above steps we have successfully configured our macOS Mojave virtual machine, but we need to edit the VMware configuration file so that the virtual machine runs correctly.
1. Open the folder that you selected while configuring the virtual machine in step 4 of “Creating the macOS virtual machine”.
2. Now look for a file with the extension “.vmx” the name of the file will be the name of the virtual machine.
3. Right click on the configuration file, then select open with and then notepad or any other text editor.
4. At the bottom of the file add this line:
and save the file.
See also: How to undervolt a mac to increase its battery life.
Running macOS Mojave Vmware.
1. Open the Vmware app and double click on the macOS Mojave VM or select it and click the Power on button.
2. Select your preferred language and complete the user setup by creating a user account.
3. After the user setup is done and you log on to the OS, the resolution might be very low. To fix this we need to install the VMware tools.
4. To install VMware tools, double-click on the mounted disk on the top right, and then open the “Install VMware tools”.
5. On the installer, click continue and keep the destination at default and then click install, after successfully installing the tools restart the VM and all should be good now.
If you find any issues or problem in the process please post them in comments.
macOS 10.14 Mojave is one of the most highly lauded desktop operating systems developed by Apple, Inc. It comes with a slew of new features and enhancements that's geared towards a smoother and more delightful user experience. If you haven't upgraded yet, we'll show you all the possible ways to download macOS Mojave so you can create a bootable macOS USB for installation and start to enjoy the benefits that millions of other users around the world are already seeing from this upgrade, such as Dark Mode, Continuity Camera, Stacks and the Voice Memos app.
Downloading macOS Mojave can get a little confusing because there are two types of downloads. One is the basic stub installer file that's about 22-23 MB, but the full size installer is about 5.8 to 6 GB. The stub installer does fetch all the other required content once you do the installation, but if you need the full installer so you can put Mojave on a different computer, then there are several ways to do that.
Patch Mojave Installer Download
macOS Mojave DMG Direct Download Link
The legit way to download or install macOS Mojave provided by Apple is through Mac App Store, where you can get the macOS Mojave install app but it is can be used by other programs for installation. You need addtional settings to make it work. However, some of the tech experts are smart enough and grab the direct download link of macOS Mojave.
macOS 10.14.1 DMG Direct Download Link 1: https://archive.org/download/macOS_Mojave.dmg
macOS 10.14.1 DMG Direct Download Link 2: https://sundryfiles.com/9tz
Patch Mojave Installer Windows 10
macOS 10.14.1 ISO Direct Download link (for Windows PC User): https://ia600701.us.archive.org/28/items/MacOSMojave10.14.iso
In addition, you can also download the install dmg from other file hosting or torrent sites. This method is a little risky unless you know the website you're downloading from. For example, some websites that offer direct downloads for macOS Mojave will actually give you version 10.14.1, which is an update rather than the full OS installer. Others might even just serve you the stub installer.
To avoid this, try and read some genuine user reviews before attempting this approach. For that reason, there's no particular site that we recommend. However, that's not to say that there aren't genuine sites that offer the full installer. Most are free, but some might ask for donations via PayPal. If their version works out for you, it's up to you whether you want to pay them a small amount for their trouble.
p.s you need to burn mojave dmg to USB to make it a bootable media for macOS installation. After that, you can use the bootable USB to install macOS on the current or another Mac.
Use Download Manager to Get Mojave DMG Installer
macOS Mojave Patcher is a third-party utility that can be downloaded from the dosdude1 website, and is required to get the full 6GB DMG installer file for macOS Mojave.
As a first step, download the patch utility and run it on a Mac PC or laptop. Note that some Mac computers are not supported by this software, so check the list of compatible devices before getting the app. Within the app, click on the Tools option in the top toolbar and select Download macOS Mojave… The keyboard shortcut for this is Command+D. You'll see a pop-up notification asking you to confirm the download. Click Yes to download the full installer, which should be around 6000MB.
Download macOS Mojave DMG Installer from Mac App Store
If all you need is the stub installer for an upgrade from an existing macOS installation, it's even easier because it's just a question of simple and direct download from Apple's servers. However, this version can't be used for a clean install on a different computer because it won't contain the needed applications to create bootable media on a USB or DVD. For that, you are better off using the first method.
Go to App Store app on your Mac and search for macOS Mojave, then click the Get button next to it. This file will be called Install macOS Mojave.app, and all you need to do is click the Download button in the Software Update utilitiy that automatically launches when you click on Get in the App Store. You will need to enter your Mac credentials when prompted.
Again, remember that this is merely the stub installer, so it's only useful for upgrading current macOS to Mojave, not able to do a clean install on a different computer.
Re-Download Mojave with Mojave Running
Another way to get the stub installer is when you're already running macOS Mojave on your computer. The process is the same as the one described in Method 2, so you can follow the steps described above.
In certain cases, however, this method won't work because the Get button might not be available. It might show you that the OS is already installed, which means the button is greyed out and basically useless to you.
Abort the Reboot after Running macOS Mojave.app
This method is a sort of gimmick that tricks the stub installer into downloading all the required files for a full installation, and then aborting the process right before your computer reboots to actually go into the installation. This is not for the feint-of-heart because it requires commands to be run in Terminal, the command line interface in Mac.
Get the stub installer from the App Store and run it. You'll see several prompts, which you just need to follow by clicking through each. When you see the countdown timer for the reboot, hit the Cancel button.
At this point, all the files for the full installer have been downloaded, but they still need to be packaged in order to work. For this, run the following three commands in Terminal (Applications > Utilities), clicking Enter after each one:
mkdir /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport
cd /macOS Install Data
find . -mount cpio -pvdm /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport
Mojave Patcher Install
Now go to the directory where you saved the original stub installer, and you'll see that it has magically turned into a 6GB file, which is the full installer.
Macos Mojave Patch Installer
Mojave Patcher Install Error
Install Mojave Partition
Patch Mojave Installer Mac
These are all the possible ways to download macOS Mojave to your computer so you can create bootable media for a macOS installation. If you're aware of other methods or genuine sites for downloading the full DMG file from macOS Mojave 10.14, please do share it with our readers in the comments section.