However, this startup project is the Docker Compose project, so when we start debugging in Visual Studio, it will launch all of the services listed in our Docker Compose file. And when we start debugging, there will simply be one container running for each of the services in the Docker Compose YAML file.
Get, create, and configure a container-based development environment with the Visual Studio Code Remote - Containers extension
After working through a few issues, we have posted how to install Visual Studio Build Tools 2017 into a Docker container. A Build Tools container can be very useful for continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) scenarios. You can also use these same steps for Visual Studio if Build Tools does not currently have everything you need. Install works fine if not installing from a container. However, when ran in a docker container with exactly the same parameters, it just doesn't work. Looks like it's a bootstrapper issue although it's hard to confirm because collect.exe doesn't collect anything relevant. @WithinRafael, that's for Windows 10 though and is for Linux containers. Docker-from-Docker Compose - Includes the Docker CLI and illustrates how you can use it to access your local Docker install from inside a dev container by volume mounting the Docker Unix socket. You've now configured a dev container in Visual Studio Code. Browse other questions tagged visual-studio docker continuous-integration containers windows-server or ask your own question. The Overflow Blog Check out the Stack Exchange sites that turned 10 years old in Q3.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
Install Visual Studio In Docker Container Project
- Install the Visual Studio Code Remote - Containers extension
- Load and connect to a project in a Docker container
- Access ports in the container from your local machine
- Customize settings while working with your container
- Add software to the container environment
- Basic knowledge of software development, such as what it means to run code and install a new language.
- Docker and basic Docker knowledge (familiarity with the concept of images, containers, and registries).
- Git and basic knowledge of GitHub, such as what a repository is
Install Visual Studio In Docker Containers
- Use the Remote - Containers extension in Visual Studio Codemin
- Exercise - Add a dev container to an existing projectmin
- Exercise - Customize project and editor settingsmin
- Exercise - Add software to an existing containermin