- Make Bootable Usb Mac Os El Capitan Download
- Make Bootable Usb Mac Os El Capitan Iso
- Make Bootable Usb Mac Os El Capitan Usb
- Create Windows 10 Bootable Usb On Mac El Capitan
Luckily, DiskMaker X helps fill the void by allowing you to make a bootable OS X 10.11 El Capitan USB install drive, making a task such as installing on several different machines easier. Like the previous versions, DiskMaker X is free of charge (however, donations are accepted). Aug 16, 2014 put the iso on a usb stick (drag it into your mac hard drive and mount it) format your usb stick with the disk utility tool. (Make sure the usb is partitioned as mac bootable then use use the image recovery and put your mounted OS X iso into the source and your usb as the location.) restart your computer while holding down the option key.
And create OS X 10.11 El Capitan bootable USB Installer on PC or create bootable USB for Mac on Windows, before skipping this step. If you prefer doing install OS X El Captain on PC, then you must do step 1 carefully because it’s the primary step that you begin to process. USB Flash Drive 8Gb Get one on Amazon here: (For El Capitan need a 16GB USB Stick) Mac OS Installer retail Version of Yosemite, El Capitan or Mac OS Sierra, choose one you desire to make the bootable USB. El Capitan Installer. Mac operating system’s twelfth major version is the El Capitan Installer (version 10.11). All the Mac computers which don’t have the privilege to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or the computers that need to upgrade to El Capitan first, can download this twelfth version on the computer.
Mac operating system’s twelfth major version is the El Capitan Installer (version 10.11). All the Mac computers which don’t have the privilege to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or the computers that need to upgrade to El Capitan first, can download this twelfth version on the computer. This is the very last version of the Mac operating system which comes under the name OS X. And it is named as ‘El Capitan’ after the formation of a rock in the Yosemite National Park. El Capitan Installer is the post version to the Yosemite, and it was built by adding up more improvements to the Yosemite. In this version of the Mac operating system, the Apple Inc. has focused on the performance, stability, and security of the computer. Anyone who is interested can download it on the Mac PC.
How to download El Capitan Installer?
If you want to upgrade to OS X El Capitan, first you have to collect gather your Mac PC and then download the El Capitan Installer. That’s what we are going to do now.
- Go to the App Store and open the El Capitan page there.
- Then you must click on the ‘Download; button on the El Capitan Page.
- If your Mac PC is compatible to perform this upgrade, a file named ‘Install OS X El Capitan’ will download to your Applications folder.
- The installer will open automatically after finishing the download process. All you have to do next is click on the ‘Continue’ button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Upgrade Mac OS Version with El Capitan Installer while Protecting your Data
Before executing the Upgrade, you must prepare the Mac PC for the El Capitan Update. For that, gather these requirements first.
- The Mac PC must have at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of storage space.
- The PC must have at least 45% of battery life.
- Connect the Mac PC to Wi-Fi or any other internet connection.
- The Mac Apps must be up to date with the latest versions.
- Take backups of all your personal data and present OS of the Mac PC.
Important! It is very important to backup your important data on the Mac PC to an external storage device because it will help you to avoid the data loss issues. If any case, you forgot to backup the data, your data may be lost while executing the El Capitan Installer update. So make sure you make a backup of the device data.
How to use El Capitan Installer for a Clean Install?
01. El Capitan Clean Install on Empty Volume with El Capitan Installer
This is the easiest method for the clean install. Here, you can install the OS X El Capitan Installer onto an empty volume, or you can use a storage space that has the content which no longer needed and don’t mind removing. What it matters here is that you don’t use the current startup volume as the destination here. What makes this method easier is the fact that it is possible to perform this clean install while booted from the current startup drive. You don’t need a special, custom-made startup environment for the empty volume clean install. All you have to do is, start up the installer and go.
02. El Capitan Clean Install on Startup Volume with El Capitan Installer
This is the most common method of the two. Usually, the clean install process deletes the contents of the destination drive. Therefore, if you choose the startup drive method to perform the clean install of El Capitan Installer, you have to follow some extra steps as well.
- First, you have to create a bootable USB flash drive that has the Installer of OS X El Capitan.
- Then erase the startup drive.
- After then, start the clean install process.
How to Create El Capitan Installer with USB?
- The USB flash drive must be at least 8GB
- El Capitan Installer must be on the Mac PC’s Applications folder.
- Plug the USB drive into the Mac PC with the Installer of the El Capitan on it.
- Rename the USB driver using an easy to remember and use name. (For the ease of the steps ahead, I will rename it as ‘ElCaptIns’)
- Be sure that the Installer of the El Capitan named ‘Install OS X El Capitan.app’ is in its default location (Applications folder).
- Select and copy the text of the below-mentioned terminal command.
- Now you can launch the terminal in the Applications/Utilities/
- In this step, it deletes the data in the destination drive. So make sure it doesn’t contain any valuable data and paste the copied command into the terminal, then press ‘Return’.
- When the windows prompted, enter the admin level account password of yours and press to Return.
- Then a message telling “To continue we need to erase the disk at /Volumes/ElCaptIns. If you wish to continue, type (Y) then press return:” will emerge. You can type ‘Y’ and press to return to continue. You are already set if you don’t see this message.
sudo/Applications/InstallOSXElCapitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/ElCaptIns --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app
USB installer and El Capitan Installer in Apple Store
El Capitan Installer is only available in the Mac App Store. So you can only download it from the App Store. By the way, having a USB installer to perform the El Capitan is a good idea. Because having a copy of the OS version in a separate device ensures that you always have a backup plan to install it or re-install it on the PC. When you have the USB installer with the El Capitan Installer in it, you no longer need the internet connection or the access to the Mac App Store to perform the upgrade.
What is createinstallmedia?
“createinstallmedia” is a unix program hidden inside the OS X Installer which is provided by the Apple Inc. to create a bootable installer drive. createinstallmedia is the ideal and the easier to use tool if you are comfortable to use the terminal. This is only available for the OS versions of Lion (OS X 10.7) and above.
System and Hardware Requirements for El Capitan Installer
- iMac models from mid 2007 or later
- MacBook models from late 2008 or later
- MacBook Pro models from mid 2007 or later
- MacBook Air models from late 2008 or later
- Mac mini models from early 2009 or later
- Mac Pro models from early 2008 or later
- Xserve models from early 2009
El Capitan Bootable Usb From Windows 10
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- 2GB of memory
- 8.8GB of available storage
- Some features require an Apple ID (terms apply)
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider (fees may apply)
01. What is the best method to install El Capitan?
You can either use the default method to upgrade install or clean install methods to get El Capitan Installer but, without any doubt, Clean Install is the best method to upgrade your Mac OS. I hope all the above facts prove that.
02. How to save previous data when upgrading the OS X?
Simply, take a backup by using the Time Machine.
- Open the Time Machine app.
- Click on the ‘Select Backup Disk’.
- Select the external drive or internal location where you want to save the files.
- Click on the ‘On’ to turn on the Time Machine.
- Click on the Arrow Clock icon in the Finder Bar at the top of your screen and select ‘Backup Now’.
03. Is it secure to install El Capitan without Apple Store?
Mac Os El Capitan Bootable Usb From Windows
No, it is not safe to get El Capitan Installer outsider of the Apple Store. It is only safe to get this OS upgrade from the Mac App Store. Besides, there is no such external place to get this OS upgrade. I have provided the steps to install El Capitan in the above of this site. Just follow those steps and upgrade your Mac PC to the El Capitan.
It was 2009 when Apple last released a new operating system on physical media. Things have proceeded remarkably smoothly since version 10.7 switched to download-only installers, but there are still good reasons to want an old, reliable USB stick. For instance, if you find yourself doing multiple installs, a USB drive may be faster than multiple downloads (especially if you use a USB 3.0 drive). Or maybe you need a recovery disk for older Macs that don't support the Internet Recovery feature. Whatever the reason, you're in luck, because it's not hard to make one.
As with last year, there are two ways to get it done. There's the super easy way with the graphical user interface and the only slightly less easy way that requires some light Terminal use. Here's what you need to get started.
- A Mac that you have administrator access to, duh. We've created El Capitan USB stick from both Yosemite and El Capitan, but your experience with other versions may vary.
- An 8GB or larger USB flash drive or an 8GB or larger partition on some other kind of external drive. For newer Macs, use a USB 3.0 drive—it makes things significantly faster.
- The OS X 10.11 El Capitan installer from the Mac App Store in your Applications folder. The installer will delete itself when you install the operating system, but it can be re-downloaded if necessary.
- If you want a GUI, you need the latest version of Diskmaker X app. Version 5 is the one with official El Capitan support.
- Diskmaker X is free to download, but the creator accepts donations if you want to support his efforts.
The easy way
Once you've obtained all of the necessary materials, connect the USB drive to your Mac and run the Diskmaker X app. The app will offer to make installers for OS X 10.9, 10.10, and 10.11, and it should run on OS X versions all the way back to 10.7—support for 10.6 was dropped in the most recent release.Advertisement
Diskmaker X has actually been around since the days of OS X 10.7 (it was previously known as Lion Diskmaker), and it's still the easiest GUI-based way to go without intimidating newbies. If you're comfortable with the command line, it's still possible to create a disk manually using a Terminal command, which we'll cover momentarily.
Make Bootable Usb Mac Os El Capitan Download
Select OS X 10.11 in Diskmaker X, and the app should automatically find the copy you've downloaded to your Applications folder. It will then ask you where you want to copy the files—click 'An 8GB USB thumb drive' if you have a single drive to use or 'Another kind of disk' to use a partition on a larger drive or some other kind of external drive. Choose your disk (or partition) from the list that appears, verify that you'd like to have the disk (or partition) erased, and then wait for the files to copy over. The process is outlined in screenshots above.
The only slightly less-easy way
Make Bootable Usb Mac Os El Capitan Iso
If you don't want to use Diskmaker X, Apple has actually included a terminal command that can create an install disk for you. Assuming that you have the OS X El Capitan installer in your Applications folder and you have a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)-formatted USB drive named 'Untitled' mounted on the system, you can create an El Capitan install drive by typing the following command into the Terminal.
sudo /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app --nointeraction
Make Bootable Usb Mac Os El Capitan Usb
The command will erase the disk and copy the install files over. Give it some time, and your volume will soon be loaded up with not just the OS X installer but also an external recovery partition that may come in handy if your hard drive dies and you're away from an Internet connection.
Create Windows 10 Bootable Usb On Mac El Capitan
Whichever method you use, you should be able to boot from your new USB drive either by changing the default Startup Disk in System Preferences or by holding down the Option key at boot and selecting the drive. Once booted, you'll be able to install or upgrade El Capitan as you normally would.