Macos High Sierra Create Bootable Usb
Did you try updating to macOS High Sierra? If you did, you might have found a small 19mb online installer named “Install macOS High Sierra.app” inside your /Applications folder. Now I hate the online installers, especially when the real files is around 5GB. If you have a slow internet connection, then it can be frustrating. And with this installer, you cannot create an offline bootable USB to install macOS High Sierra to install in other machines quickly. So this post is about “How to Download Full High Sierra Installer to Create Bootable USB?”.
Sep 26, 2016 Creating a bootable USB installer for macOS Sierra. Follow these steps to create a bootable USB installer. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port and note the volume name of the drive as it. Sierra USB is a simple app that allows you to quickly create a USB device or a bootable USB support with OS X 10.12 macOS Sierra inside. The app will format your USB device in the 'Mac OS Journaled' format and will copy all the files needed to boot from the device.
HI, I am trying to use your create a bootable sierra USB in windows 10. Using Win32Disk Image to write the Seirra raw file I get a warning – Writing to a physical device can corrupt the target device, are you sure that you want to continue? I selected yes and successfully created the usb. Guide to Creating a macOS bootable USB on a Windows PC. In this tutorial, we’ll take you through the steps you need to take to create a macOS Sierra bootable USB installation on a PC featuring Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7. This can then be used to upgrade or reinstall Apple’s MacOS.
- 2 Clean Install macOS High Sierra using a Bootable USB
How to Download Full High Sierra Installer?
You can quickly get the full 5GB macOS Sierra Installer. Just follow the steps given below. Here we will be using a third party application named High Sierra patcher application.
- First click on this link and download the High Sierra patcher application.
- The above link will give you a file named macOS High Sierra Patcher.dmg.
- Simply open this file and you will see a new window.
- Now again open the icon named macOS High Sierra Patcher inside the window.
- It will again open the macOS High Sierra Patcher. Here just go to Tools->Download macOS High Sierra… as shown in the below image.
Download Full High Sierra Installer
- It will ask you to select a location to save the macOS Sierra Installer. Select the location and it will start downloading. The file size is more than 5GB is it may take a long time depending on your internet speed.
Clean Install macOS High Sierra using a Bootable USB
Sometimes we need a clean installation of our operating system. But doing it the Apple’s way that is online can frustrate us like hell.
So what you can do is you can download a full installer, and then you can create a bootable USB.
We know how to get a full installer, and now you might be interested in knowing how to create a bootable USB right?
Creating a bootable USB is again very simple, just follow the below steps.
The Extremely Easy Way
We have a simple utility called Install Disk Creator. It is absolutely free and you can quickly create bootable USB by using it.
- Get the Install Disk Creator.
- Once you get the Install Disk Creator, just open it, and you will see the window as shown in the below image. Here you need to select the Installer file that we already downloaded. After choosing the Installer just click on Create Installer and it will do the task for you.
Create Sierra Bootable Usb From Windows
- Make sure you use a USB Drive of size of atleast 12GB.
The Easy Way
- Open terminal (command + space, write terminal and hit enter).
- Now write the following command.
Create Sierra Bootable Usb From Dmg
- Don’t forget changing path to installer with your installer path that you downloaded and USB Volume Name with the name of the USB Drive that you are using.
So I hope you got the answer that How to Download Full High Sierra Installer to Create Bootable USB? For any queries and questions just leave your comments. And also SHARE this post if you found it useful. Thank You 🙂